We're working with you to make a positive impact around the world in more than 30 countries. We are the backbone of Asian country
UNESCO is calling for submissions for an event:
“Youth at the Heart of the SDGs: The Case for Space” in Bangkok
between 30 November – 2 December hosted by UNESCO & UNDP.
The Case for Space is a three day event aimed at strengthening civic
space offline & online for youth and civil society organizations (CSO)
working in & for sustainable development. Young people aged 15-30 year
old are encouraged to participate.
The submissions (text, academic / video) should be relevant to one’s
conference’s several sub-themes:
• How are youth & CSOs implementing the SDGs?
• Youth grassroots campaigns (online/offline)
• How are legal and regulatory frameworks affecting youth?
• Online Freedom & Safety in Asia-Pacific
• Inclusion of marginalized youth
• Inclusive Online Spaces – the issue of hate-speech
• Civic spaces in urban spaces: trends & impact on youth participation
• Submissions can be either academic papers/existing research papers.
Academic papers must include a short executive summary (max 500
words). Existing research papers must be accompanied by a front page
explaining the relevance to the theme.
• Papers submitted for consideration should be *typewritten in English
no more than 3000 words* & focused on specific country/within
• Personal story/blog (max 300-500 words)
• Video (max 2-3 minutes)
• All submissions must include a CV or bio with contact details.
Please indicate your country of citizenship, where you will be between
30 Nov – 2 Dec 2016 & your availability to travel to Bangkok on those
• Submission should clearly identify which of the seven panel themes
they fall under & should be sent to: email@example.com /
Deadline for submission is on Sunday, 23rd of October 2016.
For more info please refer to the website: www.case4space.org